A few suggestions

If you have an idea how to improve application, post it here...

Re: A few suggestions

Postby turillo1986 » 13 Jun 2019, 09:33

RogerF wrote:This would indeed be a nice feature, but not so easy to implement due to the terrain analysis.
I had it in a previous application on WM6.1

Advice: manually input a rather conservative value of the aircraft glide ratio to make provision for vertical currents and wind.

lk8000 application used in gliding (the one i use) has this feature and works really well, if you have a mountain between you and the closest airport it shows that you can't overfly it, i don't think it's an easy thing but not too complicated as well as you put in realtionship the height AGL, the direction, the glide ration and if implemented in the future, the wind, but that's for the future :)

Indeed, in the configuration of your aircraft where you store all parameters is where we should be able to put the glide ratio efficiency (meters done horizontaly : 1 meter descent vertically) and i agree that the pilot should put a very conservative value, normally in the range of 30% less than the declared value from the manufacturer.
turillo1986

Postby kitercuda » 18 Jul 2019, 07:58

Holding pattern on long map click implemented: version 22.60...
kitercuda
Administrátor

Postby 177 » 21 Jul 2019, 20:47

kitercuda wrote:Holding pattern on long map click implemented: version 22.60...

Thanks! :)

What about #2 and #3 ?

Postby RogerF » 02 Aug 2019, 12:12

Thank you Petre for the recent changes, all tested with success (on ground).
I will probably test the wind measurement in flight tomorrow if the weather allows for it.
RogerF

Postby turillo1986 » 07 Aug 2019, 13:12

Just want to give a positive feedback on the wind measurement system, i tested it in flight yesterday comparing it with a known source of wind at altitude and it was very precise. i did a 360 turn (clockwise, does it make any difference if we turn anti clockwise?) and immediately got the wind imported.
This is extremely precise, and helps on a long transfer.

Suggestion for an extra method, not so precise, but still good for most situations is to import the winds for different altitude from a source on internet when data connection is avaialbe. Metars only give the wind on the ground, but i'm sure there are free source giving winds at different altitudes. this could help also when planning a route to decide at which altitude to fly it, then once in flight we can check with a 360 turn if the forecast was indeed correct.

again, thanks again for the amazing support and happy to see often updates are back again after a long stop, happy to have paid the extra subscription to keep this app going!
turillo1986

Postby RogerF » 07 Aug 2019, 13:27

I tested the wind measurement feature with success.
I just needed more than 360 degrees to reach 100 % and get the measurement. Maybe because the turn was rather fast?
RogerF

Postby turillo1986 » 07 Aug 2019, 13:32

myself as well had to turn a bit more than 360, it got to 97% and stopped, but maybe if i stop at 360 degrees it would have been ok as well, and was only taking time to process the informations.
Did you try to turn in both directions or only in one? at which speed?
turillo1986

Postby RogerF » 07 Aug 2019, 20:14

Negative. I did the test on the return branch when pilots had swapped and I was passenger, so I did not want to further bother my fellow pilot.
RogerF

Postby turillo1986 » 26 Aug 2019, 08:53

thanks very much for the rain radar addiction, it makes a big difference and allows a safer flying to all of us.
One question/suggestion: It would be crucial to know to what time the displayed image of rain refers to. This to know how old the image is so that we know how much we can “trust” it. If I remember correctly the image in Europe is updated every 15 minutes, is this correct?

Can this be displayed on the map page somewhere?
turillo1986

Postby turillo1986 » 27 Sep 2019, 13:08

Hi,

any news on further developments? after the change in the subscription plan we saw many minor/big improvements but now all is back to a big silence and no further updates have been released for long time.

Any news on what's upcoming? Really hope you will add the conncetion between pilotaware "rosetta" and FIF as we are so close to it and would bring much higher saftey when flying.

look forward to reading some updates!
turillo1986

PreviousNext

Return to User suggestions