Route in Excel for Logbook

If you have an idea how to improve application, post it here...

Route in Excel for Logbook

Postby Tonio » 01 Mar 2017, 21:12

Hi did some one created an excel logbook allowing importing FIF routes and then printing a logbook?
Tonio
Administrátor

KiterCuda

Postby kitercuda » 02 Mar 2017, 09:53

I am planning to do it this month.
kitercuda
Administrátor

Re: Route in Excel for Logbook

Postby Tonio » 02 Mar 2017, 22:42

Hi Petr,

Your application is just GREAATTT :D :D

May be one of your FIF user already did it and has a good base to propose

But if you do it, it will be welcomed

Have nice and safe flights
Tonio
Administrátor

Postby pascalpapoe » 05 Mar 2017, 15:58

Hi Petr,
Navigation logbook using an excel form to be printed and used as backup for vfr Navigation it would be a great idea! Something like Heading, Time, Distance, Remaining fuel and so on!
pascalpapoe

Postby kitercuda » 15 Mar 2017, 10:41

Hi, I just uploaded 19.70.
Long press at the route, Export/Send, Flight log XLS
You can create your own template, using raw_data sheet.

Instructions
- Do not rename raw_data sheet.
- You can create any count of sheets.
- Copy template to …/Templates/Routes folder
- When you create template it is recomended display units - each user can heve different units settings
- You can download actual template for use here: www.funair.cz/downloads/templates/route_template.xls

If anybody makes nice flight log template, I can add it permanently to FIF apk.
kitercuda
Administrátor

Postby pascalpapoe » 25 Mar 2017, 11:59

Hi there everyone!,
Nice job!
I managed to modify the file route_template.xls into a helicopter VFR template importing it from jeppesen vfr form!
Where to post it?

suggestions to modify raw_data:

1- ad field computation for ETA - my understanding is that is on to do list
2- ad computation for remaining fuel at the end of route if took off with full tank (navigation reserve)
3- print direct from FIF
4- or save as pdf
All the best!
Poe
pascalpapoe

Postby kitercuda » 30 Mar 2017, 05:21

Thanks, you can post it here, but you must zip it before.

- ETA - Do you know exact take-off time when you print Flight log? If you add take-off time to XLS, you can use take-off tme + ETE. I reserved column for it, but I do not which time to use for it. Time at FPL is not exact take-off time.
- Remaining fuel - XLS file is ready for it. raw_data contains field "Actual amount" (before take-off). This field is not filled at this time, byt you can use it manually.
Remaining fuel = Actual amount (B40) - Fuel total (column AP)
- Direct printing - easier way is open it in some Excel reader and print - I will do it
- Save as PDF - difficult
kitercuda
Administrátor

Postby pascalpapoe » 30 Mar 2017, 17:34

Hello again Petr,

Your computation about remaining fuel make sense now that you explain it.

My understanding was that maximum fuel usable for flight (B39) is the base of calculation for the fuel amount at the beginning of a flight mission, because tank capacity (B36 )is a notional value that counts only together with start up fuel, taxi, and so on..... together with the fuel usable for flight (B39) (I MEAN IT IS ONLY THAT COUNTS the rest is just information about hidden characteristics of an aircraft).
Because your formulas are not transparent I was supposing that I should consider that maximum fuel usable for flight (B39) is the fuel before take off (right?), not the......actual amount of fuel (B40) is to be considered as usable for flight (B39)....(again..., the formula computations are not transparent)
Anyway.... it could be an English translation misunderstanding ((maximum fuel for flight is different than actual fuel)) due to the fact that I'm letting the aircraft with full tank overnight (to be able to react ASAP without planning constrains for saving life or limb mission) not being preoccupied about carrying to much fuel.

Now that the term and definition are crystal clear I will modify route template accordingly but you should consider again that it is an relevant information if you know before the amount of fuel at the end of an preplanned mission.

In addition ETA is relevant in such of missions (I mean MEDEVAC) just to make correct radio reports during the flight... when I'm reaching the destination if I take off at HH:MM? (It is on FIF Route ETE but sometimes we need backups...in case of so called "what-if considerations")

Very respectfully,
Poe
pascalpapoe

Postby kitercuda » 13 Apr 2017, 04:38

I am using to add to raw data information about RWYs (origin, dest, altn1 and altn2 airport).
Would it be useful for you?
kitercuda
Administrátor

Postby giventofly » 14 Apr 2017, 18:20

https://www.dauntless-soft.com/products/Freebies/VFRFlightPlanner/
VFR flight logy pro inspiraci...na spodku stránky v .xls
PS: super aplikace, momentálně užívám v Afganistánu a je super... :) Na stránkách aplikace mi chybí tlačítko DONATE... Určitě nejsem sám kdo by rád přispěl...
giventofly

Next

Return to User suggestions