Logbook improvement proposals

If you have an idea how to improve application, post it here...

Logbook improvement proposals

Postby RogerF » 14 Aug 2019, 17:54

Hi Petr,

I appreciate the FIF logbook; there are brillant ideas there, like the identification of the ADEP and ADES, the T-off/Ldg time display, the landing count,... Good job!

Here are a few suggestions to make it even better 8-) :

1- Initially sort the flights list in decreasing order to show the last flights first when displaying the list; this would avoid having to always scroll down to the end to find the last flight when trying to view or export it after landing.

2- Another possibility could be to allow for only specifying an "until" date in the filter; currently the "until" filter only works if a "from" date is also specified.

3- Highlight the current date in the calendar displayed when specifying a "from" or "until" date.

4- Propose all formats (GIL, CSV, KML, GPX) when exporting the "tapped row"; this would save two clicks when exporting in GPX format (otherwise, KML is always proposed as a default in the next menu).

5- Propose a default filename when exporting a track; for example: yyyy-mm-dd_hhmm_rrrrr_dddd_aaaa.ttt
- yyyy-mm-dd = date of the start of the flight
- hhmm = take-off time
- rrrrr = aircraft registration
- dddd = aerodrome of departure (omit the "_dddd" item if none detected)
- aaaa = aerodrome of arrival (omit the "_aaaa" item if none detected)
- ttt = export type (gil, csv, kml, gpx)

6 - The availability of a default filename would allow to enhance the "Export whole list" in the logbook menu, by adding the option to "Export all tracks" in separate files when exporting a list of flights.
RogerF

Re: Logbook improvement proposals

Postby kitercuda » 09 Oct 2019, 08:07

1. Application remembers your last choice. So if youselect desired order once, you need not do it again.

2. I tried "Until" without "From" and for me it is working.

3. Highlight the current date in the calendar displayed when specifying a "from" or "until" date.
I do not understand wher highlight the current date..

4. OK

5. OK

6. OK
kitercuda
Administrátor

Re: Logbook improvement proposals

Postby RogerF » 10 Oct 2019, 11:19

1. Oops, I did not explore the "triple bar" menu.
Indeed, sorting can be changed there and the application remembers the last choice, which is perfect to please everybody.
So OK.

2. Oops again, I meant "From" without "Until", to get only the recent flights.
But this is working as well for me... maybe I did an error selecting the date in my previous tests.
So OK.

3. "Highlight the current date in the calendar displayed when specifying a "from" or "until" date. I do not understand where to highlight the current date."
When I click on "From", I get a calendar view, with "OK" and "Cancel" button.
I usually select the current date to get only my flights of the day; either a "today" button or a yellow colour or a circle around the current date would help.

4-5-6. OK
Thank you !
RogerF

Return to User suggestions