A few suggestions

If you have an idea how to improve application, post it here...

Re: A few suggestions

Postby Tonio » 29 Sep 2019, 10:41

Hi Turillo

Agree, FIF development team (Petr Kouril) released interesting features during these last months: Rain radar, wind calculation, elevation data as background of the moving maps, MBTiles support, more raws and columns for customized indicators, GPS Flight Level calculated from QNH, traffic detection and AHRS (with Stratux)...

and as you, I would be very curious to know, what they are / he is preparing us for the future.
In my wish list, currently, my top 3 is

1 - Zoom out allowing to see 1 000 km around
2 - Data synchronization with a FIF cloud server (my personal WPT/Airport/RWY, logbook backup, routes, ...)
3 - NOTAM

Back on your concern with Pilotawere Rosetta
To provide a good interface and integration developers need to be able to perform tests
To get the Aelous Sense interfaced, Talos Avionics CEO provided (offered) a unit with all instruction for developers
To get the Stratux (ADSB-In and AHRS) interfaced, I did the same

In both cases, Aelous Sens and Stratux, were sent to FIF development team without commitment from it to get the integration done. Integration was achieved months after product delivery.

For Pilotaware Rosetta, until FIF development team release en open API allowing to develop the interface, I believe it should be the same.

Waiting for, last week, in my ULM, I was testing the Stratux European Edition https://github.com/b3nn0/stratux/releasesfork, This edition allows to get ADSB-In, Transponder S and Flarm (via Open GliderNetwork) displayed in FIF. For ADSB-In and Transponder S, it was working well.
For Flarm, I don't have the right antennas

Have fun
Tonio
Administrátor

Postby turillo1986 » 01 Oct 2019, 13:43

Dear Tonio,

indeed that list you made is very reasonable and i would be happy to see those function coming (especially the zoom out should be very easy to implement).

i am no IT guy but since there is already integration between stratus and Fly is Fun over wifi i don't think it will be much different for rosetta as pilotaware sends the same signals over wifi, it's a matter of speaking the same code.
turillo1986

Postby Tonio » 05 Oct 2019, 13:00

Dear Turillo

I believe that to interface FIF and Pilotaware Roseta developpers will need
- detailled specifications of the interface / language / protocol ...
- both units to gether (Android device with FIF and Pilotaware Roseta) for test purposes

and that without this, they won't be able to investigate and or integrate

Best regards

Tonio
Tonio
Administrátor

Postby kitercuda » 09 Oct 2019, 06:35

Anyway, you can switch-on "Use projected flight path for terrain colors".
- At terrain or map screen Customize screen (long tap compass rose)
- Check "Use projected flight path for terrain colors"

I add 2 pictures. One is in level flight, second is when aircraft is descending...
Attachments
terrain2.jpg
Descending
terrain2.jpg (129.11 KiB) Viewed 5757 times
terrain1.jpg
Level flight
terrain1.jpg (147.41 KiB) Viewed 5757 times
kitercuda
Administrátor

Postby 177 » 19 Oct 2019, 14:41

Hey Petr!

Thanks for implementing some of the stuff I asked for. Regarding my second suggestion:

2) Can you add an option to overlay my own set of approach plates (geo-referenced in GlobalMapper software & saved as .sqlitedb/.mbtiles format) over currently selected map? Just like in the Garmin Pilot app.

You can import them, if it is in Slippy Mercator format (tiles in directories)
Menu / Downloads / Topo map
Menu / Import

There should be an easy way to open and close an approach plate with only a couple of taps. Preferably, it should have a dedicated icon when tap on an airport (see video example).
As I said earlier, you can manually create a georeferenced image with a GlobalMapper software and then import it as .sqlitedb/.mbtiles format. I use this function extensively in my Russian navigation app (Pronebo) and I really miss it! Take a look at the screenshot.

It's invaluable backup source of information in case if your navigation equipment will go 'belly up' during a flight in IMC conditions. That will be another great improvement of the FiF :)

Postby 177 » 12 Nov 2019, 16:18

https://i.imgur.com/pZ1CmWf.jpg

Also, is it possible to make a 'magnetic course' option in screen customization settings? Right now you have to do a mental math by adding or subtracting current variation from your true course :lol:

Postby onuffrienk » 24 May 2023, 11:02

здравствуйте,сущетсвует программа littlenavmap для работы с MSFS ,она находится в свободном доступе, вы не могли бы в ней добавить подключение с приемнику GPS
https://albar965.github.io/
onuffrienk

Postby kitercuda » 02 Jun 2023, 09:04

FIF has a glide advisor based on real data several years :)

You must set screen as at attached picture.
It is working only when LOG is active...

Look at the video FIF_terrain. I show a simulation flight. You must unzip the video file before playing
You will see how terrain is changed if you climb or descend.
Attachments
FIF_terrain.zip
(11.43 MiB) Downloaded 41 times
FIF_screen.jpg
FIF_screen.jpg (119.72 KiB) Viewed 857 times
kitercuda
Administrátor

Previous

Return to User suggestions