filled CTRs

If you have an idea how to improve application, post it here...

filled CTRs

Postby pzac » 17 Jun 2014, 08:52

Hello,
Fan of Fly is Fun from the begining, I appreciate this excellent tool.
I have implemented french aeronautical map (FRANCE SIA OACI 1/500000) which allows to navigate with all relevant informations.
With the last release 15.40, CTRs are filled, but this new feature deteriorates displayed informations inside the CTRs and is not needed with OACI map.
Would it be possible to propose this feature as an option in the Preference Menu?
Best regards,
Pierre from France
pzac

Re: filled CTRs

Postby flyyyer » 17 Jun 2014, 08:58

Hi Pierre,
Just about to do a trip to France... Is your France map available for use?

Regards

Peter G
UK
flyyyer

Re: filled CTRs

Postby pzac » 17 Jun 2014, 10:33

Hi Peter,

SIA FRANCE OACI 1/500000 numerical map are delivered by IGN french organism, which is an expert in numerical maps. The price of the licence to use this map is around 70 euros (licence + CD map). This map uses Lambert coordinates, so you will have to create a map in RMapSQLite format. You can do that using MAPC2MAPC64 conversion software available on the Web. The result is a very detailed aeronautical map covering all the France.
I use Fly is Fun from the begining, first with a Samsung Note 2 and now with the last version of the Nexus 7. Owner of a light two seats aircraft (ULM in french) named Junka, cruising at 110 kt, every day I appreciate Fly is Fun which is the best in class.

Pierre
pzac

Return to User suggestions