Faster refresh

Troubles with application

Faster refresh

Postby Michele bassetti » 02 May 2022, 15:00

Hello, is there a place to increase the refresh rate?
Fif is updating position and course about every second and the appearance is stuttering in particular during turns.
Thank you
Michele bassetti

Re: Faster refresh

Postby SiC42 » 23 May 2022, 17:51

Hi, like to second this, may be connected. With wifi connection to SkyEcho 2 enabled last week all gps related fields in FIF moving map page were pulsing (refreshing) at one second intervals with occasional large divergence in gps alt for instance. In GDL90 preferences dialogue only 'Traffic' value is enabled for use (and 'Airborne'). Disconnect SkyEcho and all smooth again. Any ideas?
Thanks.
SiC42

Postby kitercuda » 02 May 2023, 19:54

The one second refreshing is because GPS refresh rate is 1 fix per second.
kitercuda
Administrátor

Postby Peuqui » 06 May 2023, 13:36

SiC42 wrote:Hi, like to second this, may be connected. With wifi connection to SkyEcho 2 enabled last week all gps related fields in FIF moving map page were pulsing (refreshing) at one second intervals with occasional large divergence in gps alt for instance. In GDL90 preferences dialogue only 'Traffic' value is enabled for use (and 'Airborne'). Disconnect SkyEcho and all smooth again. Any ideas?
Thanks.

I noticed this, too.
When you enable GPS in GDL90 preferences, too, this "stutterering and large divergence in GPS altitude" vanishes.
I found out, that FiF uses both: even, if you disabled GPS in GDL90, it tries to fill in the GPS-field with both values resulting in alternating display of the device internal GPS values and the GDL-GPS-values.

This is a bug: If GDL90-GPS isn't enabled, it should only use the devices internal GPS.
Peuqui

Postby kitercuda » 02 Jun 2023, 08:33

Thanks. I am working on upgrade. I will have a look.
kitercuda
Administrátor

Return to Questions and answers