don't import kmz files

Troubles with application

don't import kmz files

Postby Cebo » 16 Jan 2022, 13:52

the wpts disappeared and I can't import them either.
the last used appears, but all the others do not. I want to import the kml and kmz files that I have saved and cannot be seen in the app
Cebo

Re: don't import kmz files

Postby kitercuda » 02 May 2023, 19:32

Please attach here yout zipped file. I will have a look where is the problem.
kitercuda
Administrátor

Postby SiC42 » 01 Jun 2023, 16:44

Sarum 06 24.kml
(2.99 KiB) Downloaded 45 times

Hi, similar issue here too.

Just upgraded to a new Android 12 phone and Android 12 tablet. Backed up all data to cloud and installed FIF onto tablet, loaded the backup, all ok with logs/routes etc. but no circuits as they were in a remote country (Barbados!) as previously advised. Went to import my own circuits (.kml's) as usual but navigating to my 'Circuits' folder storage the kml list is not visible. The kml's in the folder open in other phone gps apps (GPS Essentials for instance), so I think they are ok. With the new phone however I did the direct transfer update by cable from the old Android 7 phone to the Android 12 and no problems, everything shows up, previously installed circuits as well. Then tried to add a new circuit to the phone as an exercise and got the same result as with the tablet, no listing kml's visible in my 'Circuits' folder in FIF. So tried an airspace/pattern export from the phone to send to the tablet but that failed to complete. It just looks like a kml visibility issue in FIF.

I've attached a typical kml file I made in GE for for Old Sarum in the UK if that will help..

Si
SiC42

Postby SiC42 » 01 Jun 2023, 17:06

Further to my last I have just found this post 'Route import problem since Android 12' so have tried copying my 'Circuits' into '...\Android\data\gps.ils.vor.glasscockpit\files' as suggested by Petr and am pleased to find that the kml's now show up that directory and import ok. I should point out that previously the 'Circuits' folder was not on an sd card but in the internal storage, so any access at all requires the data to be somewhere in the FIF files folder. Works ok for now.

Si
SiC42

Return to Questions and answers