Loss of FIS because yablet has been destroyed

Troubles with application

Loss of FIS because yablet has been destroyed

Postby col805 » 29 Sep 2018, 02:53

I have a problem because my FIS has been lost in a destroyed Tablet. I can load FIS into another tablet from the web but it is only good for 30 days. Do I have to purchase another FIS unlocker?
col805

Re: Loss of FIS because yablet has been destroyed

Postby Tonio » 29 Sep 2018, 06:21

Hi

Good question.
The answer could be short, but I will make it long

Short:
in the past to unlock “Fly is Fun”, we had to buy “Fly is Fun Unlocker” paying via our goggle account on Google Play Store.
Once it was paid, Google Play Store mechanism allows the installation of the application on several devices without being charged again

If you are in this case, if you reinstall ““Fly is Fun Unlocker” using the same Google account, you shouldn’t be charged again
Several “Fly is Fun” users, who paid just once, are using this possibility to get “Fly is Fun” on several phone and on tablets

This is for the short answer

Now Long – Be aware of the evolution

Maintaining up to date “Fly is Fun” and introducing new features requires a considerable workload, and a model where people pay only once is not sustainable on long term.

That for, “Fly is Fun development team” moved to yearly subscription model in which users are invited once a year to subscribe/contribute/support/help development efforts.
Current yearly subscription fees is around 25 €. Displayed price could vary from contry to country, depending of VAT, exchange rate, currency fluctuation...

Implementation of the “InApps” subscription feature was achieved this year in February or March.
Since new users subscribe directly from “Fly is Fun” using it
Being a feature proposed by Google to developers, all payments are manage by Google

In order to not penalize previous users who bought “Fly is Fun Unlocker” previously, and to allow them to install or reinstall “Fly is Fun” on other devices, Fly is Fun development team decided to let “Fly is Fun Unlocker” available on Google Play Store for a twelve month transition period.

After this transition period, “Fly is Fun Unlocker” will be disappear from Google Play Store, and all users, including the previous users (as you or me), will be invited to opt for the yearly subscription using the “InApps” features build within “Fly is Fun”

Considering this, if you are installing / reinstalling “Fly is Fun” now using a new goggle account you SHOULD NOT buy“Fly is Fun Unlocker”, but you should use the InApps subscription mechanism implemented within “Fly is Fun”.

Be aware, that if you have several devices linked to the same google account, as before you will be able to install “Fly is Fun” on several device

I hope it answers your request
Tonio
Administrátor

Postby col805 » 29 Sep 2018, 20:18

Thanks for the info. I shall look at my options as I am currently not flying much and my find a more basic app to cover what I need.
col805

Postby Tonio » 02 Oct 2018, 11:14

Waiting for, if you already subscribed for “Fly is Fun unlocker”, loading it again and installing the application on another handset, with using same google account won’t cost you anything for the next 2 to 4 months

If you are not flying often, at least you can take advantage of the fact, you are already use to the application

Have safe flights
Tonio
Administrátor

Return to Questions and answers