Minor Bug: Import map prevented if no internet connection

Troubles with application

Minor Bug: Import map prevented if no internet connection

Postby farfly » 06 May 2018, 13:15

Ahoj,
(Fly is fun 21.20)
I report here a small bug happening when importing a user map:

Compas > Import > "Topographical Map" ("Carte Topographique" [fr])

Import is prevented by an error message "Connection Error".

Without internet connection, I expect to be able to access at least the maps already imported and import menu for user map.
In my use case, the map is already loaded in the tablet so I do not need an internet connection either.

Děkuji

[EDIT 06/082/018] : Problem can be circumvented by taping outside the warning message box.
If you click/tap OK, FIF restart and you cannot select another file to import
If you tap outside the message box, this one disappeared and you can select files and proceed to importation
Last edited by farfly on 07 Jun 2018, 22:06, edited 1 time in total.
farfly

Re: Minor Bug: Import map prevented if no internet connectio

Postby Tonio » 06 May 2018, 17:26

Hi
Import function is for download, that for you need internet.

But, once the map is downloaded on your device, you don't need internet connection to select it

To select a map to use , please refer to user guide,
Jump to chapter 6.5 "Moving Map, long tap on..."
http://www.funair.cz/downloads/manuals/flyisfun.pdf

I hope you will find there the answer to your "Map selection" concern

Suggestion, in addition of the topo map you need, always download the world map to.

Let us know, if its answer your concern

Have fun and fly safe
Tonio
Administrátor

Postby farfly » 10 May 2018, 23:55

Hi Tonio,

My concern is really for the import of the map not the selection.
If an internet connection is not established I can not access to the menu with available maps.
I understand that you may need internet for online maps, but for local maps you do not need them.
Moreover, the conversion from XYZ to RMap-Sqlite map is very long so you may not have internet connection during this time.

fif_import_map_2.png
Import_menu_and_icons
fif_import_map_2.png (83.35 KiB) Viewed 4413 times

fif_bug_maproom_1.png
fif_bug
fif_bug_maproom_1.png (79.49 KiB) Viewed 4413 times

fif_cartotheque_3.png
fif_import_with_internet_connection
fif_cartotheque_3.png (147.3 KiB) Viewed 4413 times
farfly

Postby Tonio » 11 May 2018, 11:15

Dear Farly / Děkuji

According your screen copies, your maps "Bossy_2017_v3ZL1-11, CartaBossy_2018_ZL2-11, VFR1-ZL7-11" are in the right folder and in the right format. That's why you see them in green.
Jump directly to step 3 to select the map you like to use in background

1 - “Import” function requires an active internet connection
Import function allows i) accessing remote Fly Is Fun server, ii) displaying data/maps available on Fly Is Fun remote server, iii) importing data / from it.
Without Internet connection, you can’t connect to remote Fly Is Fun server, that for it is absolutely normal to get the “Connection error” message.

Once data/maps are imported and properly installed on your device, you don’t need Internet connection to use them. You just need to receive satellite position signal / GPS

2 – Where should be installed a map to use with “Fly Is Fun” and in which format
2.1 - Map format
Fly Is Fun allows using RMapSQLite format (zoom level 6 to 14) map.
The map being i) a map downloaded from Fly Is Fun server (cf1), or ii) map you generated with MOBACS, SAS Planet….
2.2 - In which folder
The map need to be in “RMapSQLite” folder, that is in “Maps” folder of “GPS_ILS_VOR” folder (GPS_ILS_VOR /Maps/RMapSQLite). “GPS_ILS_VOR” is Fly Is Fun application folder

3 – To select the map to use with Fly Is Fun
- Start Fly is Fun and go to that “Moving Map” screen
1-Moving_Map_Screen.jpg
1-Moving_Map_Screen.jpg (66.03 KiB) Viewed 4406 times

- Being on “Moving Map” screen, long press anywhere on the map part (grey area, if there is no map displayed in background).
- An 8 buttons palette popup.
2_Map_Selection.jpg
2_Map_Selection.jpg (78.09 KiB) Viewed 4406 times

- Select “Map selection” (bottom right)
- Map(s) that is available, in the right format, in “RMapSQLite” folder is/are displayed
3_List_of_available_maps.jpg
3_List_of_available_maps.jpg (60.32 KiB) Viewed 4406 times

- Select the map to use.

Advice: Always download to the “World 6-9”.
If having selected a map, the background remain greys, selecting the “World 6-9” allow easily to check/see where the GPS is positioning your aircraft

Does it solve your problem

Bons vols

Cher Farly / Děkuji

D'après vos copies d'écran, les cartes "Bossy_2017_v3ZL1-11, CartaBossy_2018_ZL2-11, VFR1-ZL7-11" que vous avez générées sont dans le bon dossier et au bon format, raison pour laquelle vous voyez leurs noms en vert.
Passez directement à l'étape 3, pour sélectionner la carte à utiliser,

1 - La fonction "Importer" nécessite une connexion Internet active
"Importer" permet i) d'accéder au serveur distant Fly Is Fun, ii) d'afficher des données / cartes disponibles sur le serveur distant Fly Is Fun, et iii) d'importer des données / à partir de celui-ci.
Sans connexion, pas d’accès au serveur. Il est donc normal que le message « Erreur connexion » s’affiche.

Quand les données / cartes ont été importées et correctement installées, vous n'avez plus besoin de connexion Internet.
Il faut juste capter la position satellite GPS

2 – Où installer une carte à utiliser dans Fly Is Fun et dans quel format
2.1 - Format
Fly Is Fun permet d'utiliser des cartes au format RMapSQLite (zoom level 6 à 14).
La carte est i) soit une carte importée du serveur Fly Is Fun, ou ii) soit une carte générée avec Mobacs, SAS Planet…
2.2 - Dans quel dossier
La carte doit être dans le dossier "RMapSQLite", lequel est dans le dossier "Maps", qui se trouve dans le dossier "GPS_ILS_VOR" (GPS_ILS_VOR / Maps / RMapSQLite). "GPS_ILS_VOR" est le dossier de l'application Fly Is Fun

3 – Sélectionner la carte à utiliser par Fly Is Fun
- Lancer Fly Is Fun et afficher l'écran "Moving Map"
- L'écran "Moving Map" étant affiché, appui long sur n'importe quelle partie de la carte (zone grise, si aucune carte n'est affichée en arrière-plan).
- Une palette de 8 boutons s’affiche.
- Appui sur "Sélection de carte" (en bas à droite) affiche la liste des cartes installées dans le dossier "RMapSQLite"
- Là vous pouvez sélectionner la carte à utiliser.

Conseil
Toujours télécharger la carte "World 6-9" en plus de votre carte.
Si ayant sélectionné votre carte, un fond gris s’affiche, en sélectionnant la carte "Monde 6-9", vous pourrez voir où le GPS positionne votre appareil…

Ceci règle-t-il votre problème

Bons vols
Tonio
Administrátor

Postby farfly » 20 May 2018, 12:10

Děkuji Tonio !

I will test your method for the next map.
I understand that I simply need to copy the map in /storage/0/emulated/GPS_ILS_VOR /Maps/RMapSQLite directory.
The map will be detected automatically provided.
However this map needs to be in RMapSQLite format.

I did need the import function to convert my map (originally stored locally in OSM Slippymap XYZ format) in RMapSQLite.

I wish I can do the conversion before the transfer on the android device, because it takes a lot of time.
I will open a post specifically on this subject on the forum (Format for UserMap)

Thank you for your help.
farfly

Postby farfly » 07 Jun 2018, 22:07

I edited the first post: this issue can be circumvented.
farfly

Postby RogerF » 09 Jun 2018, 12:20

Actually, there is no need to "import" personal maps (sqlitedb files).
I simply copied mine onto the dedicated FIF folder and they were directly listed when selection a map by a long press on the moving map screen. 8-)
RogerF

Return to Questions and answers