Request correction - Australian Airports Data (+more)

Navaids, airports, airspaces...

Request correction - Australian Airports Data (+more)

Postby Desmond » 27 Nov 2017, 07:05

The official Australian Navigation Database has three (3) errors that I wish to have permanently corrected.

1. [major] Pls correct all Australian Airports Data to have the country code of “Y”.
2. [substantial] Pls delete the folder (& contents) named: “YCSN” - no such facility exists.
3. [minor] Pls increase length of asphalt Runway 06 @ YSCN to become 1464m as it has a longer Distance to Run than its reciprocal twin. The current Threshold GPS data is acceptable, does not require alteration

the TL;DR:

1. I suspect there was a typo in the script used to put the current Australian Navigation Database together because all of the Airports Data seems to have the wrong ICAO Country Code. The Australian VFR WPTs Data seem to have the correct country code but the Aus Nav Aids ICAO Country Code is also in error. The error must have crept in before I reported (elsewhere on this Forum) that I suddenly could not get a new batch of PDFs to work for me. But this fault also means my (user) Locations' (correct) ICAOs data can't be used to fetch PDFs because the parent folder has to be wrongly named.

2. The incorrect folder (above) seems to be an old Camden NSW entry that got Re-named with wrong syntax - pls delete YCSN.

3. The confusion surrounds a (permanent) Displaced Threshold to asphalt Runway 24 making it 309m shorter. So Runway 24 is now actually 1155m long. This means the Database entry for RWY 24 is really very close to perfect at time of writing. However, the DB entry for other direction (above) is 309m too short. btw- There is another much shorter grass runway(s) with identical heading(s) which is not listed on the above mentioned DB and should not confuse.
Desmond

Re: Request correction - Australian Airports Data (+more)

Postby kitercuda » 17 Jan 2018, 16:25

Hi,

- Repaired to "Y", next upgrade.
- You wrote to delete YCNS and incerase YCNS RWY. I do not understand.

FIF displays RWY without displaced RWY threshold.
kitercuda
Administrátor

Postby Desmond » 21 Mar 2018, 23:46

[quote="kitercuda"]Hi,

- You wrote to delete YCNS and increase YCNS RWY. I do not understand.

You are wrong sir. I did not say that. Please check the syntax. The order of the letters was always my original premise. Please sir, I don't wish to be rude. Please, please, please, double check the order of the letters. Only when you understand that it is a syntax issue, you will begin to understand me.

Y=Australia
S=close to Sydney
CN=CamdeN

p.s. sorry for late reply
Desmond

Postby Tonio » 22 Mar 2018, 20:49

Dear Sir

Note that mixing YSCN and YCNS info in the same message could easily create confusion

If I understand you well, you are suggesting

- to delete YCNS folder and related data

and for YSCN which is an other airport

-to increase YSCN RWY 06 length to 1464m

Is it your suggestion?
Tonio
Administrátor

Return to Navigation database