Australian VFR Waypoints

Navaids, airports, airspaces...

Australian VFR Waypoints

Postby kabong.steve » 18 Jul 2013, 23:10

Excellent program and great features.

I've now created a list of all the VFR waypoints in Australia.

Enjoy
Steve

PS If i didn't add the extra ;'s on each line then upload failed to find any waypoints

Another suggestion: On import of waypoints etc, would it be possible to have a "delete existing first" option, so existing can be removed and replaced with the new list. I'm not interested in the IFR waypoints, so an ability to remove all and reload would be great. or even export, then manually edit to update, followed by re import.
Attachments
Australia-VFR.zip
(16.37 KiB) Downloaded 696 times
kabong.steve

Re: Australian VFR Waypoints

Postby kitercuda » 20 Jul 2013, 07:13

Thank for your work Steve.
Can I add them to FLY is FUN database?

Easiest way, how to delete IFR WPTs in your country:

- Menu Import and download / The world nav database
- Select what you are intersted in and Unselect IFR WPTS
- Select desired country (other countries will not be touched)
- Press Import
kitercuda
Administrátor

Postby kabong.steve » 21 Jul 2013, 03:42

Thanks,

Yes, please add to the world database.

Thanks for the tip on the IFR waypoints

Steve
kabong.steve

Postby kitercuda » 21 Jul 2013, 06:10

OK, Thanks
kitercuda
Administrátor

Postby kabong.steve » 22 Jul 2013, 23:28

HI kitercuda,

I attempted the reload Country with the IFV deselected.

This seems to have made no difference to the list of IFV waypoints, they are all still in the system.

Any other suggestions

thanks
Steve
kabong.steve

Postby kitercuda » 23 Jul 2013, 05:24

Sorry, I forgot, if you deselect IFR WPTs when importing, old ones will not be touched (not deleted).
So delete first all your country an Nav item list and then import it without IFR WPTs and IFR TWPTs
kitercuda
Administrátor

Postby Mega » 25 Nov 2013, 07:32

Guys,

Seems there's some confusion between IFR and VFR waypoints. IFR waypoints may be downloaded automatically. Australian VFR waypoints are NOT downloaded automatically and Steve's file coming handy in this case. But AIP was updated last week and VFR waypoints file in this thread is now outdated. So the question is for Petr: from where AIRAC data is coming? If it some sort of ICAO related system then it bound to have Australian VFR waypoints and we need to find out why VFR waypoints are not imported (actually there no VFR waypoints in FIF at all, only VFR reporting points). If it not ICAO related system then we can make some sort of script which will pull this data from ERSA at http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/aip ... 2013&ver=1 .

Regards,
Vladimir

PS: FIF is cool and is better than its competitors because it is made to work anywhere in the world, your competitors (which I am aware of) deal only with FAA data.
PSS: I guess small compass screen should be removed: apart from giving extra four slots for data it does not give a lot of benefits. Whereas having just three screens makes screen change easier: just one swipe to the left or right gives other screens - no need to swipe twice.
Mega

Postby kitercuda » 25 Nov 2013, 18:05

Hi, You are right, Australian VRP are not downloaded automatically.
I have no access to VFR VRP. I add to database just some countries. For VRP I need Name, londitude, latitude nad ICAO code of the airport ("owner" of the VRP) and the airport MUST be in the database too, because of the database structure. If you can send me these data, I will add them to database.

I will add settings to preferences - switching of screens, which you do not want. One of the next upgrade...
kitercuda
Administrátor

Postby Mega » 25 Nov 2013, 19:00

Petr,

I still think that we still have some confusion over VFR waypoints and VFR reporting points. May be it is just different in (y)our part of the world.

In Australia we have five kinds of VFR points:
1. ENROUTE REPORTING POINT (Compulsory) - shown as solid triangle
2. ENROUTE REPORTING POINT (As required) - shown as triangle outline
3. CHECK POINT (When requested by ATC) - shown as square outline
4. VFR APPROACH POINT - shown as white/black horizontal diamond
5. TRACKING POINT - shown as solid square

ERSA (En Route Supplement Australia) has part named VFR WAYPOINTS (you can find it on the page I have linked before). It has only WPT name, state, WPT code, LAT/LONG . I have not seen anything requiring pilots to use these WPTs in conjunction with particular AD. In fact their use is not mandatory - only recommended. So it appears these VFR points should be imported in the same way as IFR waypoints - without attachment to any AD.

Unfortunately fine guys from ASA (that's the company which maintains ATC in Australia and publishes AIP) do not provide this data in machine readable form. So I guess we should pull this data from the PDF from ERSA. I am OK to volunteer to make a script which will pull that PDF, convert it to CSV and deliver it to you every 28 days. If it helps of course.

Also in Australia we have something called ALAs: in simple words it is Aircraft Landing Area - the one which tries to evade the pilot. Unless you have GPS and have its coordinates you may have no luck in locating it in day light ;) Perhaps this is different from populated areas of Europe but it makes outback flying much more interesting :) It would be good to have it in database too. Again I would be happy to make periodic conversion of PDFs from ERSA to whatever format you need.

And also: are you interested to have Australian terrain (state by state) in RMaps 8-14 format? I can put it out on my own hosting and send you URLs for inclusion to FIF.

Regards,
Vladimir
Mega

Postby kitercuda » 26 Nov 2013, 06:56

Thanks a lot Vladimir. FIF guarantees me I am learning everyday something new :-)

- Think, which kind of waypoints are necessary for Austalian flying. I will add them (shapes and colors) to FIF
- I will update database every time when you send me new data.
- ALAs - can be added to database too (I can create new type of the airports), so I will need coordinates too.
- Australian terrain (state by state) in RMaps 8-14 format - I am interesting, I can upload it to my server.
kitercuda
Administrátor

Next

Return to Navigation database